Touch Trust is a registered charity based in Cardiff, at the iconic Wales Millennium Centre. We provide unique creative movement programmes for individuals with learning disabilities, those affected by autistic spectrum disorder (ASD), complex needs, behaviour which challenges, and other vulnerable groups in the community.
A number of staff at Ysgol Crug Glas have been trained and are qualified
Touch Trust Practitioners.
Aims of Touch Trust at Ysgol Crug Glas
- To develop Communication in different forms
- Focus Attention
- To build self-esteem and confidence
- Enjoyment & Happiness
- To actively be part of a group
- To relax and energise
- For Staff to create a peaceful atmosphere
- To be aware of breathing techniques
- For pupils to create own sound
- To show appreciation of others
- Develop positive body image
- Building strong relationships
- Allow opportunities for choice and expression
Curriculum Links :
Health & Well-being – Self-awareness, awareness of others, communication, emotional literacy, self-esteem confidence building and motivation, thinking skills, skills in group work, cooperation, skills in presenting self to others.
Language, Literacy & Communication – Communication, Speaking & Listening – different styles and purpose, range and repertoire.
Mathematics & Numeracy – Ordering, Sequencing, one to one correspondence, shape and space.
Expressive Arts – Rhythm, Timbre, Mood, Reflection and Interpretation
Humanities – A sense of awe and wonder, spiritual and moral development and a sense of morality.