We want everything about our school to communicate to pupils:
- that they are valued;we value each pupil, recognising both their potential and their challenges, and work hard to support them in the pursuit of personal achievement.
- that what they communicate is important and will be responded to;
- that their way of communicating will be respected;
- that they will be treated with dignity and according to their age and needs
- That their own particular achievements will be recognised and celebrated.
Ysgol Crug Glas aims:
- to be a vibrant and happy, caring and inclusive community with a strong sense of belonging, where the needs and interests of pupils are paramount and in which our flexible team of staff can continue to learn and develop professionally; keeping abreast of new developments, in order to give our pupils the best opportunities to learn and thrive.
- To provide dynamic, varied, enjoyable and challenging learning experiences which offer opportunities for each pupil to reach their individual potential and which exploit the best available resources and technologies;
- To act as a specialist base in the early years to prepare those pupils who are able to take their place in mainstream;
- To provide a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum which is based on experiential learning;
- To promote pupils’ spiritual, moral and cultural development and to prepare them for adult life;
- To encourage pupils to develop the means and the ability to communicate in an effective and acceptable way;
- To enhance pupils’ health, personal and social development and to celebrate their achievements;
- To work as partners with parents and with other professionals to provide the highest quality of education for our own pupils and for pupils with special educational needs throughout Swansea.
- Patience, respect, dignity and equality are at the heart of what we do.